wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Sunday, March 14, 2010

the relatives came

We weren't the only people whose plans were altered by the rain. Blake's parent's were supposed to fly in late Saturday night, but the second leg of their trip got canceled because of our inclement weather. After a long night spent in the airport, they were finally able to board a plane this afternoon. They reached our place this evening, nearly eighteen hours late. Even though we're happy they're here, I'm sure they're even happier. Over the next week we'll be embarking on some fun city adventures, which I'll post about after they happen. In the meantime, we'll let them catch up on some much-needed sleep while this soaked, storm-worn city dries out.

2 comments:

Kiersten said...

We were wondering if the storm was going to affect their trip. I'm glad they finally made it. Hope you have a fun (and dry!) week together!

Carrie said...

I'm glad the family got there. I'm also glad that your canceled date night got turned around! Way to go Blake.