wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Thursday, March 18, 2010

let them eat pizza

Day 4: Grimaldi's and Brooklyn Bridge Park

We slowed the pace a little today. I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm getting a little tired. Also, Neil has developed some nasty blisters on his feet and so for his sake mostly we took things down a notch. We left the house in time to get to Grimaldi's Pizzeria just before they opened so we could beat the crowds. The popular pizza place gods must have been smiling upon us because we were the first in what became a very long line. But even if we hadn't been so lucky, the wait would have been worth it.

Because of the blisters, we opted to not walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, so instead after lunch we walked over to Brooklyn Bridge Park to at least enjoy some views of it. I've wanted to visit this park for a long time, so I'm glad we took this option. The views really are spectacular, and the playground is, too. Garrett and Neil had a great time, especially on the tire swing and the twisty slide, and we had a great time watching them.

Neil's done great on the subway, but he has to really be prepped before we get off so he makes it off in time.


Waiting for Grimaldi's to open.


We were at the front of that line!


And so very happy that we were.


Delicious pizza.


Grimaldi's is located under the Brooklyn Bridge.


Neil and Garrett both loved the tire swing at the playground at Brooklyn Bridge Park.


And they both loved the twisty slide, too. Garrett preferred going down on his stomach, while Neil just preferred going down over and over again.


Isn't the Brooklyn Bridge remarkable?


Caleb crashed on the subway ride home.

5 comments:

vdg family said...

Wow! Great job! I love Grimalde's Pizza. I love that picture of the Brooklyn Bridge--nice photography!

Laura said...

I've been loving your titles for this "series," and your father-in-law certainly takes great pictures! Of course, Garret and Caleb are pretty cute subjects! And I love the park benches!

Carrie said...

So fun! That pizza looks SO good and I absolutely LOVE pictures of sleeping babies. So angelic! We'll definitely have to save our pennies and come visit you someday.

Amy said...

That sounds so fun! We were in Manhattan/Brooklyn about a year ago. I wish that we had known that you were there. We would have loved to meet up with your cute family. Maybe this summer :) Anyway, this post reminds me of the BEST pizza that we had in Brooklyn. I think it was called Lucali's. I still salivate just thinking about it.

Jolynn said...

That line is crazy! It must be pretty good pizza.