wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Friday, March 12, 2010

the boys this week


Caleb's turn.


Garrett was dancing and Caleb wanted to cut in.


I think that both boys are so adorable when they're sleeping. Especially this one. Maybe that's because it's one of the few times of the day when he's not bouncing off the walls.


Almost every night while I cook dinner, Garrett feels the need to rearrange my silverware drawer.


Gnawing on a pear slice.


When Caleb wakes up from a nap, Garrett rushes to the crib and coos, "Oooh, da baby. Oh, baby." It's much funnier than I can describe here. Just imagine a toddler with limited language skills exaggerating his imitation of the high pitched baby voice I use when I go in to get Caleb after his nap.


We lay him on his back in the tub...and he rolls right over.


I had been sitting in the rocking chair when I heard Caleb noises coming from behind me. Initially Caleb had been way on the the other side of the room. When I carefully got up to move him so he wouldn't get squished by the chair, I found him just as happy as can be.




Cruel? Perhaps. Good thing he's such a good sport. I love his little worm-like crawl. He struggles a little more on the hardwood than he does on the rugs, but he doesn't let it stop him. For the last few days he's been getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth, so it's just a matter of time before he takes off like a seasoned crawler.




Now he knows his ABCs...well, some of them anyway.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Way to work for your food! What a good sport! I know I don't have that kind of patience!

JoEllen said...

The ABCs video is soooo cute! What a good sport Garrett is!

Kelly said...

It is really quite shocking how identical Caleb and Henry look. Wow. Maybe it is not so similar as I think, but you can definitely tell they are related.