wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Sunday, March 21, 2010

the boys this week

In no particular order (because I'm too tired to rearrange the photos), here are some snapshots of what the boys were up to in between our city adventures this week:


On the crawling front, Caleb can get up on his hands and knees, rock back and forth, and then move his knees. Moving his hands in sync with them, however, is a bit more problematic. Every time he does, he falls back down onto his belly. He's determined, though, and will figure it out soon. In the meantime, he's developing some killer biceps.


Caleb bonded with his grandparents. Here he is with Grandma Joyce. I'm sure Grandma wishes she could say the same about Garrett, who spent the week being shy and clinging to his mother.


A week or so ago Garrett learned how to blow the bubbles himself. It's the only way to do it now.


Blake was awarded an iPod Touch at work for exemplary performance, and while he spent his down time searching for free apps, Garrett listened to his shuffle.


Sometimes Garrett likes to pretend that his blanket is a baby. He'll rock it and coo over it and tuck it into bed. On this particular day he brought it to me all wadded up and asked me to put a diaper and one of Caleb's t-shirts on it. I was laughing too hard to say no.


Garrett ready for church in his very first formal shirt and tie. Doesn't he look grown up?


Much to Garrett's dismay, Caleb loves all of his toys. He especially loves Garrett's Duplos. If he hears the rattling from the Duplo tub anywhere in the vicinity, he makes a mad dash for it. But he's not choosy. Wooden building blocks are just as tasty.


Bonding with Grandpa Gary.


I wish you could hear Garrett say the word "flower." It sounds something like "flufffluffluff," but he says it in such a delicate way so that, while completely unintelligible, it's pretty endearing. He's been charmed by all the crocus and daffodils we've seen during our recent bout with beautiful weather.


Gary took this picture. It captures Garrett's sweet nature so well. I could post alongside it a photo of Garrett throwing a royal tantrum so as to demonstrate that he's not always this delicious, but I think I'll spare us all.


In his explorations of the living room, Caleb is often caught trying to get into something he probably shouldn't. In this photo it was one of our visitor's suitcases.




He's been practicing his somersaults a lot recently, and I think it's paying off.

8 comments:

Joyce said...

I miss these boys already! And, Garrett's smiles and charm captured my heart just as much as Caleb's. They are the best! We love you all!!! (Keep up the blogging and pictures - it makes being a distant grandma much easier.)

vdg family said...

Wow--Caleb is crawling?! Wonderful! About the guests bags--we have the same problem. Usually we try to put the baggage in a very out-of-the-way place so that the kids don't get into them. :) Yay Garrett with the somersaults.

JoEllen said...

The somersault is awesome!

Unknown said...

photos of tantrums are fine...a video however...:)

Emily said...

I would think it would be a big relief that Garrett knows how to blow his own bubbles. It doesn't take me very long to get light headed while blowing them...When we have kids I'm all about the bubble machine. I love the sweet picture of Garrett--what a handsome boy!

Lyndsie Miles said...

wow, such a busy and fun week!

Janetta said...

G's darling in his shirt and tie. I love the mini man look. And good job to your husband on his award!

Emily said...

Love your little rounds ups. The boys are too cute, love the shirt and tie - very smart x