Monday was chilly and drizzly, the remnants of the weekend storm still trying to clear out. We wanted an indoors activity, so I took everyone up to the Natural History Museum. Blake had to work, so he couldn't join us. Our visit was very relaxed and the boys, including Neil, were troopers. We stopped midway through our visit for a lunch break at the Shake Shack. The burgers and fries were just about as good as people say, though I still have yet to try one of their famed milkshakes. I guess that just leaves me with a reason to go back. Neil got a little anxious after we got back to the museum, so we cut our visit a bit short than originally planned and headed home. He did great, though, navigating the subway.
Day 2: The Flatiron District
Today we walked around the Flatiron District. Neil got so comfortable on our subway ride there, he didn't want to get off, so we rode a few stops farther up and started at Macy's up on 34th Street. Then we walked down 5th Avenue past the Empire State Building to Madison Square Park, where we had originally wanted to start, stopping along the way to pick up some sandwiches to eat while we enjoyed the sunshine on a park bench. The weather today has been gorgeous, and rumor has it that it will only get better as the week goes on. Garrett had a great time stretching his legs by running in circles and jumping up and down.
After lunch and a few views of the Flatiron Building, we walked over to 28 East 20th Street, also known as President Theodore Roosevelt's birthplace. We took a tour of the home, which was beautiful, and now I'm sort of itching to read more about TR's life. From what we learned from the park ranger giving the tour, he was quite the fascinating figure.
We wrapped up the day with a quick stop in Fishs Eddy to show my mother-in-law, Joyce, just how cool that place is. I can't seem to walk in that store without coming out with something. Today it was these bowls to match my juice glasses. Aren't they pretty?
Well, that's all for today. More adventures to come!
7 comments:
Bless you for posting all the fun places you went. I'm getting more and more ideas (as if I don't have enough!) Is the weather mild enough for jackets?
Now that the storm has cleared, the weather has been beautiful. All this week it's supposed to be sunny and in the high 50s and low 60s, so, yes, we've been wearing jackets. We might have a few more cold spells before all is said and done, but when you come out, don't worry about packing your heavy coats.
Sounds like you had a glorious time!
The bowls are beautiful!
I love the Natural History Museum, and it looks like you guys do too.
That is a great picture of Garrett jumping! He really gets some air!
Glad the weather cleared up for you guys!
I love it when Niel visits and you post about it!
Shake Shack! So glad yo liked it. I recommend the Shackey Road shake when you go back for ice cream.
Post a Comment