wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Monday, December 27, 2010

buried

The paralyzing blizzard that swept up the East Coast yesterday has buried Brooklyn in eighteen inches (update: apparently it was closer to twenty-four inches) of wind-blown snow and massive snowdrifts.

"How is it out there?" I asked Blake after he returned from taking our dried out Christmas tree to the trash.

"It looks like Indiana," he replied.

And so it does.



I think it will be a little while before we completely dig ourselves out of this one.

11 comments:

Whitney said...

Thanks for taking pictures! Blake and I are still in VA so we missed the blizzard. I kind of wish we could be there to show Blake all the snow, but then again I'm kind of glad we aren't there. We'll be back Thursday, but by the looks of it the snow will still be around.

Amy F. P. said...

Wow! That is some amazing snow.

erin said...

Wow. My sister said it was crazy, but your pictures are worth 1000 words. My aunt & her family are currently snowed in there too. I'm kinda laughing about that...

Peter and Mandy said...

Oh wow that's a lot of snow!

vdg family said...

We have been hearing stuck vehicles outside our window struggling to get out of their parking spots. Even the snow remover people were stuck from 8-11 this morning near here (according to my downstairs neighbor).

Sarah said...

Hope you're staying warm!

Kristi said...

Wow. Gotta love good snow storms.

JoEllen said...

Oh my gosh! Wow!! It really does look like Indiana.

It's so pretty and white. Not all dirty yet....

I love the picture of the roof of the car on the street. That is amazing.

No "noseman?"

Kristie said...

I wish we had that much snow in our part of Indiana!

Carrie said...

Wow! what a doozie! hopefully the kiddos will get their fill of outside snow play with that ;)

Emily said...

That is amazing! I have never seen snow like that before. I hope you guys are all ok x