wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Thursday, December 9, 2010

two boys lately

With their beloved silky, blue blankets.


Garrett...

- is a pro at mood lighting, and is constantly adjusting the lights in the living room.

- believes that wearing socks on his hands after a bath will cure water-wrinkled fingers.

- won't stop talking (and I think it's wonderful because suddenly I can understand most of what he says; it's like I finally have a little window into his brain).

- when he accidentally wets his pants, he shrugs his shoulders and says, "I'm sorry -- it just happened."

- loves hot chocolate, which he finds tastes best when sipped through a straw. The promise of a glass of it at breakfast has become his new (and so far, quite successful) incentive to stay dry at night.



- can finally say Caleb's name! Before, no matter how hard we tried to teach him otherwise, he always called him "Baby." Now he calls him "Cay-buh."

- is currently addicted to Monsters, Inc and Shaun the Sheep.

- calls snow "nose" and snowman "noseman." (Snort!)

- can count to thirteen -- most of the time.

- can correctly identify all of the triplets by name: "Char-ee, Eh-ee, and "Wucy" (also known as Charlie, Eddie, and Lucy).


Caleb...


- can put garbage in the trash can, dirty clothes in the hamper, and toys back where they belong, though sometimes he gets them mixed up and I find toys in the trash can and garbage in the hamper.

- has been cutting teeth like a maniac. The only fingers that can safely go into his mouth are his own (which he still sucks on religiously), so I can't tell you exactly how many he has now, but he has sprouted enough molars to make meals a little easier for me to prepare and for him to eat.

- loves stacking blocks into towers.



- still has freakishly awesome hair.

- his newest word is "tickle," which he says as he tickles himself.

- spoon feeds himself.


- likes to throw things, and does so with a dangerously good arm.

- his favorite place to sit is on my lap.

- is intrigued but freaked out by petting zoo animals.

- is the most determined child I have ever known.



Watching something apparently very engaging on Netflix.


3 comments:

Whitney said...

They are so cute! And I love the, "I'm sorry...it just happened" comment.

Kimberly said...

I can't believe how much they are growing up! They're turning into little men! I wish we lived closer and could see y'all more often!

Katie said...

I have to agree with you - Caleb has the most awesome hair!