Caleb is dangerous. Caleb is a climber.
He climbs stairs. He climbs up his highchair. He climbs up onto boxes and toys. He pushes chairs around the room and climbs up on them. He's becoming surprisingly skilled at climbing playground equipment.
And, of course, he attempts --whether purposefully or not -- to step, hop, or jump down. (That does not typically end well.)
The only thing he has not yet attempted to climb are the bookshelves -- but I wouldn't put it past him.
Two Socks
Caleb does not like to wear socks. I will put a pair on his cold little feet every morning when I get him dressed, but it's never long until he yanks them off.
Yesterday, I put a pair on, he took them off, and then they disappeared. In the afternoon, when it was time to put them back on for a trip outside, I could not find them anywhere.
I checked all of his usual special places: garbage cans, the dirty clothes hamper, his toy baskets, the desk drawer. I even pulled up the crib mattress thinking that he might have once again tucked them between the crib and the wall during his nap. But they had vanished.
Realizing the search to be futile, I pulled out a new pair of socks, put them on his feet, and strapped him in his shoes. We went outside and forgot about the lost pair of socks.
But a few hours later, when I was making dinner, they turned up suddenly, tucked neatly in the place I least expected to find them: the kitchen utensil drawer.
He's a funny boy, that Caleb.
6 comments:
yep he is an Anderson!! we are climbers.
when i was one i climbed to the top of a bookshelf in the library and mom couldn't find me and when she did i was at the top looking at a book.
That is too funny! Watch out world! Here he comes! At least he hasn't hidden your keys yet!
More ways that he is like his Aunt Brittany. Love it!
That is too funny socks in the utensil drawer. My mom told us that my brother was a major climber as a toddler. My parents found him on top of the fridge at one time when he was two...nobody knows for sure how he managed to get up there, he was too short to get up from the counter. It must be a boy thing.
I love suprises like this!
Love this, so cute!
Post a Comment