- Shopping for cool paper at New York Central Art Supply and Talas.
- More shopping for cool treasures at Strand, Pearl River, Economy Candy, a few shops in our neighborhood, and, of course, Fishs Eddy.
- A walk through Francie Nolan's Williamsburg.
- Spinach artichoke pizza at Artichoke.
- A walk on the High Line.
- Window shopping in Chelsea Market.
- An overnighter with Uncle Joel and Auntie Colleen in New Jersey where we --
- Picked apples at an orchard (more on that later),
- Went to a quaint little country quilt shop (where I purchased fabric scraps for my crazy quilt),
- And got stuck in awful traffic at the Lincoln Tunnel on our way back to Brooklyn.
- We went to Emily's and helped feed the triplets.
- Walked along beautiful Margaret Corbin Drive to visit The Cloisters (more on this later).
- Went for an ambulance ride when Caleb suffered a mild concussion after falling off the rocking chair (like I said, more on this later).
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
grandma comes to brooklyn
Why, hello there. It's been a while, hasn't it? Did you miss me? My mom left yesterday after spending a little more than a week with us, and I was too busy enjoying her company to spend much time at the computer. We had a lot of fun and adventures while she was here; her week with us started with carefree fun and ended with Level II head trauma and a trip to the ER (more on that later). Here are some of the highlights of her visit:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Our Blakey would love the high line! He's a car watcher!
Yes, I missed you! Then I got an email from you dad saying your mom's email account was hacked into and to ignore the email from her (in which he also mentioned she was visiting grandkids) so then I forgave you for not keeping me up to date on your life in Brooklyn.
So glad you were able to spend so much time with you mom. Can't wait to hear more details about the ER visit!
We missed you! But I'm so glad you had a good visit with your mom! We just got back from San Antonio. Brittany gave a great talk in sacrament meeting. She's gonna be a great missionary! So excited for her.
I'm curious about the er visit (as I'm sure everyone is), but it sounds like things are okay now. Good!
We love you and missed you!
Post a Comment