wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

first words and first kisses



Though he can say "Da" and "Mama" in reference to Blake and I, Caleb's use of these words is not very consistent, so it's hard for me to count them as his "first words." But that "hello" sure comes in loud and clear.

Both Caleb and his older brother share their first word, as well as the way in which it is used: with a phone-like object held up to their ear. Caleb's version, however, is pronounced much clearer.

And in other late-breaking Caleb news, he has also started giving me kisses. (We really bonded last week in the ER, apparently.) When I hold him on my hip and say, "Give me a kiss, Caleb," he'll lean in and press his cheek against mine. Which (and forgive the cheese here) pretty much makes me want to love him and squeeze him and maybe even call him George. Or not. But it does melt my heart and make me want to kiss him back.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

So cute! Sometimes I swear Blake says hi to me when I go to get him out of his crib. I know he has no idea what he's saying, just fun to pretend.

Unknown said...

I'm awful cause I don't know what my kids first words were exactly. But hi was right up there.

Carrie said...

So cute! I love their talking and I love baby loves!

GR82BAMOM said...

So sweet! I'm all for the cheese! ;)