Yes, that is a flock of spring ducklings waddling through the grass. The owners of this flower shop frequently rescue small animals otherwise doomed to a worse fate, and set up a display for them in their window. Sometimes it's birds, sometimes fish, other times bunnies. They let them live here happily for a little while before moving them on to a new home.
It's always a treat to walk by this window to find some new creature living behind the glass. I noticed a few days ago that they were getting it ready for some new animal, but I wasn't sure what it would be. Garrett's the one who spotted the fuzzy, yellow ducklings on our walk home from the park today. "Qua!" he yelled, which is his latest word for duck, as he rushed to press his face up against the glass. We stayed and watched them swim, eat, and climb on top of each other for quite a while before we continued on home.
I'm sure those of you in the neighborhood are familiar with this window (and if you're not and want to see it, email me and I'll tell you where to go). Be sure to swing by sometime soon. The owner mentioned today that they get big really fast, so if you want to see them before they reach that awkward adolescent stage, don't put off your visit.
5 comments:
What a darling idea all the way around! Such cute pictures. I love it when my kids learn to be kind to animals.
P.S. I will e-mail you.
How fun! My kids would love seeing a display like that. We are looking forward to seeing the ducklings that will most likely soon arrive at BYU pond. :)
Oh my gosh, that is so cute! Garrett looks like he is in heaven!
Liam and I also love that storefront, too! I always have a hard time peeling him away from that window. It's always so fun to discover what's new in there.
that is beyond words darling!
Sorry for the sick days! Hope eveyone is feeling better! Looks like a fun Easter!
Post a Comment