wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

in season

We've eaten some pretty tasty and largely in-season things around here lately, and I thought I'd dish on the deliciousness. My favorites have included:
  • Roasted Caprese Pasta. Easy to make, and healthy to boot. I guarantee that eating this will make you want to kiss your fingertips like an Italian. (Note: I had some on hand, so I also added chopped up fresh chives; I would do that again in a heartbeat.)
  • Baked Penne with Sausage, Spinach and Red Bell Peppers. A little labor intensive, but the creamy, flavorful divinity it turns into makes this worth every extra minute it took me to prepare. Seriously. Heaven in a casserole dish.
  • Zucchini-Chocolate Chip Muffins. This old favorite was our Labor Day breakfast. We devoured the entire pan.
  • Chocolate Zucchini Cakes. These are incredible. I've made them twice in the last week, and those that we aren't devouring ourselves are getting handed out to friends so that they, too, can partake of the goodness. I tell you, nothing goes better together than zucchini and chocolate.

1 comment:

whitneyingram said...

So glad the baked pasta was enjoyed! I do have to agree that it is quite tasty.