wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Sunday, September 12, 2010

garrett's first talk


I don't know what it is about the podium in the Primary room that draws children to it like magnets. Perhaps it's the microphone (it doesn't even seem to matter if the sound system is turned on, though it's definitely more fun if it is). Or maybe it's the folding steps that allow them to get high enough to speak into it. Whatever it is, they love it, and Garrett is no exception. Yesterday, while our family was at the church cleaning, Garrett took advantage of the fact that no other children were fighting for a turn at the podium. He stood up and began to speak to whoever would listen. At one point I stopped my vacuuming to teach him that this microphone was for talking about Jesus.

"Okay!" he said, his eyes lighting up. And then he began to talk about Jesus. (And while he did, Caleb tried "vacuuming" from a different angle.)




So Garrett, inability to speak very intelligibly notwithstanding, gave his first Primary talk yesterday -- and he hasn't even graduated from the nursery yet. (How's that for top of his class, eh?)

4 comments:

Whitney said...

So cute!

Peter and Mandy said...

Wow, he'll be great when it's his turn. Most of our primary kids shy away from the microphone and their parents end up giving the talk for them.

Amy F. P. said...

That is very cute. I love how excited he his.

JoEllen said...

So cute! I LOVE it!!