A few highlights from our excursion yesterday into the city:
Garrett: The first part of the outing was spent with his friend, Elizabeth.
Lindsay: The first part of the outing was spent with my friend, Emily.
Garrett: The trip included a subway ride.
Lindsay: I was accompanied by angel children on the subway ride.
Garrett: Being allowed to get out of the stroller in a store.
Lindsay: Yes, while we were at my favorite city stationery store, I let him get out of the stroller, but he willingly held my hand while we browsed. I didn't have to chase him or constantly keep him from touching things. A small miracle? You betcha!
Garrett: A stop for hot chocolate.
Lindsay: But not just any hot chocolate. City Bakery hot chocolate, which tastes like thick, frothy melted squares of milk chocolate. Delicious.
Garrett: A quick trip to Fishs Eddy. Emphasis on quick.
Lindsay: I now have the Manhattan Blue Plate Special in my dish collection.
Garrett: Getting to play on the playground at Madison Square Park.
Lindsay: Having a park bench to sit on so I could feed Caleb.
Garrett: A visit to Dad's office AND toys (read: balls decorated with company logos from business conventions) and people to play with.
Lindsay: Two boys who were at their most charming when being introduced to Blake's co-workers.
Garrett: A trumpet player (who serenaded us with tunes from Hello Dolly!) on our subway car on the way home.
Lindsay: Two boys who slept most of the way home.
Seriously, If Garrett and Caleb (who, for his part, slept, ate, smiled, and didn't whine, cry, or scream the entire time) could be this angelic every time we went into Manhattan, we'd probably go more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
they are by far the two best nephews ever..lol
Just remember these moments when you want to rip their heads off. ;-)
Glad you had a nice excursion. Hope you have more like this!
My gosh, what good boys!!
Wow!! What is your secret? Sounds like the perfect day out, hope you have many more x
don't those kind of days make you feel invisible? You gain a sense of being able to accomplish anything and life with more than one kid no longer seems so scary! That is, 'til the next outing. :) Here's to hoping you have many, many more days like this!
I just reread what I wrote...I meant invincible not invisible! haha!
Post a Comment