wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Saturday, February 27, 2010

the boys this week, video edition

(With a few snapshots thrown in for good measure.)



We made cupcakes partly to celebrate Caleb's six months, and mostly to make Garrett's birthday dreams come true. Before eating any cupcakes, he'd sing the "Happy Birthday Song" and blow out pretend candles. (Please tell me I'm not the only one who can decipher his version.)




My goodness, but he's cute.




Blake taught Garrett how to fold a paper airplane. Unfortunately, I don't think Garrett's will be airborne anytime soon.




We found this Where's Waldo-like book at the library called The Yellow Balloon. Garrett loves it. If you turn on your toddler translators and listen very carefully, you just might be able to pick out some actual words (or word approximations, anyway) that Garrett says. My favorite is his newest: "I don't know."




I admit, it doesn't make for the most thrilling home video, but Caleb sure seems to be enjoying himself.


Either Caleb's really ready for bed, or he's as addicted to the Olympics as we've been.


The Storytime librarian called in sick, so they pulled out the toys instead. Garrett was so proud of the tower he built. (And why yes, he did lose it just a few minutes later when someone accidentally knocked it down.)


Nap time with all his favorite things.


I think Caleb loves the snow about as much as I do.


Every evening when Blake buzzes the doorbell announcing he's home from work, Garrett runs out on the landing to wait for him. Notice how he sticks his leg through the railing for Blake to grab as he comes up the stairs.


The snow this storm brought was wet and heavy -- perfect for building a snowman.


Look, Mom -- a stegosaurus!


Caleb grabs...and Garrett runs for it.

1 comment:

heath said...

That little bear snow suit is my absolute favorite! And Garrett's haircut is stylin'.