wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Thursday, June 21, 2012

pomp and circumstance

Though the last day of school wasn't for another two days, Garrett officially commenced from Pre-K on Tuesday morning. The entire event was a mass of somewhat organized chaos, thanks to the camera-crazed parents who swarmed for the best view of their child. We managed to get a seat on the second row behind the graduates, but even so, this was our unfortunate view through almost the entire program:



The graduates from each class performed a musical song-and-dance number, then walked across the stage as their names were read in a semi-ceremonial fashion. I did manage to get a slightly better view when Garrett's class was up.



They gave a darling rendition of "Walk the Dinosaur" (which, as it turned out, was the "zumba" Garrett had been learning in gym).



(Garrett is second from the left in the green shirt.)

We barely got out of that auditorium alive once the ceremony was over, but I'm glad we did because later that evening I found the same cover of "Walk the Dinosaur" on YouTube and so was able to request that Garrett give me a private performance.



What do you think? Should I enroll him in a dance class? (Or, based on the drama at the very end, perhaps an acting class?)

3 comments:

AmyJane said...

I'm sorry, I laughed out loud at your "view" picture...hahahahaha! So unfortunate for everyone involved.

Erin Anderson said...

Congrats to your little guy and you mom! How fun!

JoEllen said...

Ok Garrett is good, but Caleb is hilarious!!