I rescheduled the appointment for this afternoon, and as we sat waiting (and waiting...and waiting...) to be seen by the doctor, I noticed a sign that said something to the effect of If you don't show up to your appointment, you owe us $20. I think someone owes me $20.
But the appointment was not about me, it was about Matthew. As I'm sure you can assume without my saying so, he's been growing. Here are his two-month stats:
Weight: 12 lbs 5 oz
Length: 22 1/2 inches
He's right about where I thought he'd be, which is also comparable to where his brothers were at the same age. Because he's grown since he began the antacid to treat his reflux, the doctor upped his dosage, which will hopefully help him to feel a little better (and consequently act a little happier). But that happiness will have to wait until the side effects, which are making him pretty miserable when they're not making him extra drowsy, of the four vaccines he received have worn off. During the check-up the doctor also noticed a heart murmur. It's probably innocent, and if not, it's likely something that will correct itself with time, but just to make sure, he wants Matthew to be seen by a pediatric cardiologist, so that's something to look forward to.
Because who doesn't like to visit doctors? It's how we spent our entire day. In addition to Matthew's appointment, I also had a follow-up with my dermatologist (who further determined that -- surprise! -- I still have sensitive skin!). My entire entourage joined me for both appointments, plus an extended stay at the pharmacy, and there was no time for naps in between. So of course you know what that means....
long day + no naps = late afternoon crash on the couch
If I didn't have to go work on dinner, I think I'd curl up and join them.
4 comments:
Well, at least you had some peace and quiet to make dinner, right?
That's really annoying about the appt cancellation. Something's kinda fishy about that....
I hope you don't have another day like that for a long time! It sounds completely exhausting! Cute picture of those darling boys!
I sure hope your giving yourself a metaphorical high five because what you did was nothing short of amazing motherhood. :) Sweet photo of the boys on the couch.
I'm sure you've got your hands more than full to have time to google heart murmur like I did just about a year ago when E's ped heard hers. I was terrified, and when further testing indicated a hole that needed a cardiologist’s evaluation and treatment, I was panicked. However, after a year, I've come across so many other cases of heart murmurs that needed no attention at all, and wish I would have known that before my initial panicking! Though E's was serious enough to need a mild amount of attention (repeat tests and daily doses of medicines) even hers has closed enough in her first year for her cardiologist to be more optimistic that surgery won't be needed. Anyway, like you’ve already pointed out, it’s probably just innocent and that’s that, but even if it’s not, I think it’s something that can sound worse than it is! Take care!
Post a Comment