wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Monday, August 2, 2010

the boys this (err...last) week

Showing me his "kay" (which is Garrettese for "stick"). He has an eye for sticks, and comes home with several whenever we go out.


Checking out the seafood department at the Chinese grocery store. (Yes, those are live turtles.)


Caleb doing what Caleb does best these days -- exploring his world on two feet. He's getting braver about walking without the support of anything -- the other day he took three completely unprompted independent steps -- but he still has a ways to go.


Catching bubbles.


Garrett LOVES to talk on the "bone" (which is Garrettese for "phone"). He gets frantically upset if I hang up after a conversation with Blake without passing the phone to him. Caleb apparently wants in on the action, too.
(P.S. If anyone out there wants to talk to Garrett on the phone, just call. He'd be happy to have a conversation, and even more thrilled that the phone was for him.)


Dad buzzed, announcing he was home from work. So of course everyone was magnetically drawn to the front door.


Apparently he thought it was important to neatly line up his cars before he fell asleep.


It's always a good time when the UPS guy brings us a Diapers.com order. Boxes, I think, rank even higher than metal pots and pans on the scale of awesome toys.


We seriously need to consider signing him up for t-ball or something. For a 3-year-old, he's actually pretty good at hitting the ball.

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Your boys are so dang cute! I love it! You have your hands full.... boys are ALOT of work! :)

MOMster said...

Your boys are so adorable! I'm so glad you have some kids that look like their mama AND daddy. I can see both their parents in their faces. :) Awesome!

Emily said...

Great pictures, looks like a fun week x