wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Thursday, August 26, 2010

in public transportation paradise


We recently bought a membership to the New York Transit Museum, and thought today would be a fine day to test-run the benefits. Elizabeth and her grandma joined us, which definitely enhanced the outing. The interactive exhibits were the highlight, as you can see below. Seriously, if there could be such a thing as a public transportation paradise, then this would be it.

Garrett liked driving the bus...


...while Caleb liked driving his stroller.


Apparently I have them trained well to do things like sit nicely on the bus...


...and cross the street at crosswalks.


But maybe it's time to teach them that headlights aren't toys.


Vintage subway cars are fun to explore...




...and race through.


All that running made us hungry, so we picnicked by the water fountain on Court Street that Garrett, in all his authority, declared we needed to stop at.



Are these city kids or what?!

4 comments:

Dave said...

What fun! So explain "membership?" Does that mean you bought a ticket, or an annual or lifetime pass? Just curious.

Lindsay said...

It's an annual pass for free entrance into the museum.

Shelly :) said...

I loved the subway races! What a fun adventure with absolutely adorable children. You have such handsome boys Lindsay!

vdg family said...

Does that membership cover anything else? I would love to get a multiple-museum pass. Then i could feel like I would really get my money's worth. :D