Though he doesn't officially turn three until Wednesday, we had a small birthday party for Garrett yesterday morning. All five of the friends invited were able to come, and everyone appeared to have a good time. The party was Toy Story themed, and, even though things didn't go quite as planned, it turned out to be lots of fun. (Note to self: flexibility is just as important as preparation when it comes to a birthday party involving small children.) The party games fizzled in the first few minutes, but nobody minded -- we all just played with the toys instead. Some kids put together Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head, some played with cars, and the rest played a watered down version of The Claw game (extracting green army men from the bucket of soldiers with salad tongs).
Aside from having all of his friends there, Garrett's favorite part of the party was the cake. He will never get tired of "The Happy Birthday Song" or blowing out candles. This year I made him cupcakes decorated to look like the three-eyed aliens from Pizza Planet. I'm pretty sure I thought they looked cooler than he did, but he made up for it with his devotion to licking up the frosting.
Thank you to Elizabeth, London, Joey, Pierson, and Liam for coming! And thank you for the lovely (and much-loved by Garrett) gifts you brought. (My project for Garrett this week is to teach him the importance of The Thank You Note.)
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
These are great pictures! Thanks for sharing. I know I had fun!
this post makes me so sad! I'm glad you guys had fun!! Happy Birthday Garrett! I miss you!
The cupcakes turned out very cute! Happy birthday to Garrett, again... and we'll wish it again in just a few days!
Happy birthday Garrett. I have that exact same outfit for Harry, the one that Caleb is wearing. How cute.
Those cupcakes at ADORABLE!!! And with 3 eyes each... how perfect is that! Happy birthday, Garrett!
And Jon has the exact same outfit that Caleb is in. So cute, I love it!
I LOVE those cupcakes! Looks like a great party. In fact, my Spencer is turning two this Saturday and I may just steal all of your fun ideas. Thanks for the inspiration!
We had a great time, especially Liam. Every day since the party he has been begging to have one of his own. He insists that we buy candles, cake and presents. :)
How fun! I love your games. You are so creative. And the cupcakes are so clever.
LOVE the cupcakes and the claw game. have enjoyed reading all about g's bday. you are an exceptional mama!
Post a Comment