This morning I took three big bags of baby boy clothes to my very good friend, Emily. As many of you already know, Emily is currently expecting triplets, two of which are boys. Her need for blue baby things is greater than mine, and I was happy to pare down our collection to hand off. After unloading the goods at their new apartment (which is so close to ours, it makes me giddy just to think about), I lathered our children in sunscreen and whisked them all off to a nearby park so that Emily could follow her doctor's latest orders to avoid pre-term labor by putting her feet up.
As I walked our collective three children (Caleb in the stroller, Garrett and Elizabeth holding on to each side) down the street to the park, I started thinking about the number three -- how this morning's episode of Sesame Street was brought to me today by the number three; how in a little over three more weeks, Garrett will be three years old and will be getting three really great presents from his parents; how Emily will soon be giving birth to three sweet babies and how, because of that, I was now taking three small children to the playground. Three might not seem on the surface to be a big number, but for me (and, obviously, Emily, too), it lately has become one.
But small or big, three is a good number. Three is company. Three is magical. And three is really cute walking to the park.
9 comments:
How great for you your friend is so close by. But even greater for her in the coming months, it sounds like. She'll be busy. And I love the pictures of "your" three. Cute.
Love it! :D
we feel the same way about the number two :)
oh I wish I lived closer so I could help Emily. She is going to need it!
Well said! I wish I could be there to help out. I miss all you guys!!
Wow three sounds like so much fun, though I think I would be totally overwhelmed with three all at once.
Oh my gosh. Triplets. I need to go lie down just thinking about it. I forget every time how all-consuming one newborn can be, but right now I REMEMBER. And I cannot imagine three. You and your cute boys may become the saving grace for the big sister!
I love that you took pictures of this. I love that you always capture the simple moments of life. Thanks for this and thanks for EVERYTHING!!
What a beautiful post. I'm glad you will have a great friend close by. It makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it?! They look so cute. Happy early birthday Garrett.
Royce and I were just talking about what it would be like for you to have 3 kids in New York. We determined that you've proven you can do 2 pretty darn well, so I'm sure you'd flourish with 3. But I don't know how your friend is going to do 3 more at once. I bet she's glad she's got someone like you close by!
Post a Comment