wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

i love

I love...

... the violin/cello duo playing classical music on our neighborhood subway platform. And I especially loved that a train approached just as the music intensified, as if to join in the harmony.

... that Caleb has learned how to play Peek-a-Boo. He pulls whatever cloth is handy up next to his face, waits for me to ask where Caleb is, then pulls it down and roars with laughter.

... letting Garrett paint with water on our stoop, especially since our landlord doesn't allow sidewalk chalk. Yet another new medium for him to dabble in.


... the Quebecois singer/songwriter, Coeur de Pirate. After continually putting it off, I finally downloaded her album from iTunes. Best musical investment I've made in a while.

... preparing for a small party for Garrett's birthday. It will be Toy Story themed, and it will be awesome.

... my friend, Naomi, who, with her killer fashion design/sewing skills, is going to help me make this swimsuit cover-up dress.

... the lifesaving stroller platform we received as a gift from my aunt and uncle. It has pretty much single-handedly expanded the borders of how far we can walk in the neighborhood.

... the new Ikea curtains we got for the boys' room that have miraculously convinced them to stay in bed later than 5:30 am. Praise be!

6 comments:

Sarah Kay said...

Ah! Love these things, too. Do you love Ingrid Michaelson, too? Coeur de Pirate reminds me of her. I'm a huge fan and have a pandora station dedicated to Ingrid and friends. Speaking of which, do you have pandora? That's something I love (and it's free).

Sarah

Carrie said...

Fun! That cover-up dress looks way cute!

vdg family said...

Good job! What a fun mom you are! I am so happy that your curtains are working.

:D

Desmama said...

That is a really cool stroller. Like, I'm going to be thinking about it for a long time. I'm going to check out that singer/songwriter you mentioned as well.

Emily said...

I love ... your list!!

Mel said...

A friend of mine lets her kids "paint" with water all the time. I thought it was a strange concept but for some reason it's fun for kids.