wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Saturday, May 8, 2010

the boys this week

This is Caleb's new favorite place to play. Shortly after this picture was taken (which coincides with the hundredth time I'd moved him away and put the books back on the shelf), I orchestrated a little book rotation. These books have a new home, and the board books moved into their place. And now more infant appropriate books are getting chewed on instead of my children's novels. Everyone's happy.


I think I'll title this one, "The Albino Child Learns to Use the Potty." At any rate, this photo here sums up well Garrett's life this week.


"My turn, my turn!" begs Caleb.


We can't pass one of these advertisement newsstands (which are everywhere) without Garrett wanting to pick up a copy. I can't even begin to count how many issues of Homes and Land Magazine we have at our house (or would if I didn't keep tossing them in the recycling bin).


Is it just me or does Garrett seem somewhat shocked that bubbles are actually coming out of the bubble blowing machine?


Caleb likes to take his baths sitting now, thank you very much.


Teething Caleb in one of his more cuddly moments.


I asked Garrett to pick up a few cracker crumbs off the carpet and this is how he decided to do it.


I wish helium-filled balloons still filled me with this much wonder and happiness.

5 comments:

Sarah Kay said...

love the albino potty training. all of the pictures, actually.

AmyJane said...

That is one of the best potty training pictures ever. They are both growing so fast. Make it stop!

Carrie said...

This is great! I'm glad everyone is happy. I love your pictures.

Unknown said...

To one of the mothers who inspire me greatly: Happy Mother's Day!

Dave said...

Yes, Happy Mother's Day to you too! We love you very much and wish you and your family the best in your new adventures this coming year!!!