wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row
*****
Saturday, May 1, 2010
the boys this week
We made a frozen hot chocolate dessert this week. As you can tell, Garrett loved it. But that love did not come without its trials, as you can watch below:
I think he looks like Linus, especially when he's sleeping. The finger sucking, the blue blanket, and hair that falls forward. All he needs is a red striped shirt.
Caleb likes to hold his bottle himself now.
One morning, while I was preparing breakfast for the boys, Caleb started fussing. Garrett took it upon himself to feed his brother Cheerios. Caleb loves Cheerios these days, and now that he finally has his first tooth (it surfaced a few days ago), eating them will only get easier to do.
Speaking of eating, Garrett has figured out how to break through the boundary of the child-proof refrigerator latch. This is his new favorite place to be, especially when there are grapes on one of the shelves.
Garrett eating his Gray's Papaya hot dog, and Caleb wishing he had some, too.
More climbing. Also, check out that hair. His hair is usually all over the place, but on this day it was particularly awesome.
Have I mentioned that he sits completely unsupported now? Because he does. Finally. We practiced and practiced for weeks and then one day, all of a sudden, he could do it. This new skill has made my life much easier.
Your boys are so so cute. I love that Garrett got all concerned with the slightest mess and I don't know what Caleb was laughing about but he sure has a contagious laugh.
I have this same refrigerator lock. Liam figured it out not long ago, so it looks like Garrett is right on queue. So far, it hasn't been a real problem since he closes it when I ask him.
When I was Garrett's age, my mom had all kinds of snacks suitable for children generally on the bottom shelf of the fridge. My siblings and I were allowed to snack from the bottom shelf in the fridge and the bottom shelf in the pantry. It made us feel like "big" kids without causing a mess.
3 comments:
Your boys are so so cute. I love that Garrett got all concerned with the slightest mess and I don't know what Caleb was laughing about but he sure has a contagious laugh.
I have this same refrigerator lock. Liam figured it out not long ago, so it looks like Garrett is right on queue. So far, it hasn't been a real problem since he closes it when I ask him.
When I was Garrett's age, my mom had all kinds of snacks suitable for children generally on the bottom shelf of the fridge. My siblings and I were allowed to snack from the bottom shelf in the fridge and the bottom shelf in the pantry. It made us feel like "big" kids without causing a mess.
Post a Comment