Sunday, May 16, 2010
the bishop's wife
As of today that is what I am: the bishop's wife. I'm having a hard time finding the words to describe the whirlwind of emotions I'm feeling, which is probably just as well, at least in this setting. The experiences I've had associated with this calling are sacred and are consequently recorded elsewhere. I will say, however, that this call is immensely heavy and immensely humbling, but it was also inspired, and I have no doubt that Blake will do a great job. Shortly after he was ordained and set apart as the bishop of our ward, the stake president told him to "go to work." And he has. This is a new adventure we are on, but it is one I know we will not be doing alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
32 comments:
Whoa! Blake will make an excellent bishop, and everybody knows that the bishop's wife is what really holds him together. How will this work out with your calling? Can you both make it to ward council and what not?
Oh my. Good luck, honey. Just remember, God will support the bishop's wife as much as he will the bishop. Also, congrats?
And behind every bishop is a wife who has supported him and helped him to get where he is. I have no doubt that you will continue to be that support and strength to him. We love you!
Wow. Blake will do a great job, and so will you in supporting him. Have fun! :)
Wow! Congratulations Blake. Good luck with everything. Lindsay--I would not want to be in your place but I know you'll do great!!
Wow! Good luck to the both of you!
Wow. Humbling indeed. We will pray for you. You will need all the help you can get I'm sure. What wonderful experiences and blessings await your family. Love to you.
Wow. Good luck! Nothing like being stretched and going through the refiner's fire to get a nice polish. Prayers are with you!
Wow!! What a big task, but you are totally up for it! You'll do great.
I have to agree with everyone else....wow!!
WOW! I can't even imagine! Rich was made 2nd counselor in the bishopric today. I can only imagine the weight is 10x greater! Good luck (especially in Sacrament meeting... just know that I"ll be struggling along with you a 1000 miles away!)
I'm giving you a wow, too. And a whoa! I think my husband is safe from getting that calling...he is married to me after all.
Wow! Good luck with that...I am not jealous. I am sure you guys will be wonderful though, and I wish you the best!
What an awesome responsibility - I know that you, as a family, will do well. You're not one to complain, certainly not when it comes to supporting the Priesthood. You're kind. You're dedicated. And that, my dear, is going to make you one excellent bishop's wife.
May the awesome responsibility bring awesome blessings your way.
What a great experience for you guys! Blake is so good, he'll be a great bishop!
What an incredible experience. May you both feel strengthened.
And may you be released from your calling!
Like I said, it's nice to be able to pass the baton to you guys. Bishop Anderson will do a great job. It could be just me, but somehow, he looked a little bit taller. :)
By the way, you do know that you will be released as Primary President just as they released me as Young Women President when my husband became the Bishop. Now the search is on for a new Primary President! You did such a terrific job and you left huge shoes to fill ;)
Thanks, everyone, for your kind words and support. And yes, I will be getting released. The stake president informed Blake that finding a new Primary President would be one of his first items of business.
My husband is currently the first counselor in our branch presidency... over Christmas, the branch president went on a four week vacation and my husband took over his responsibilities. Our telephone has never rung so much.
God bless your little family for all the efforts you will make, and the sacrifices that will come. I know it will always be worth it!
Holy COW! That's INTENSE! I wish you all the best, Lindsey and Co - my dad was bishop for SEVEN(!) years and it was a rollercoaster, one I'm very grateful for!
I believe I'm the 21st person to say this, but WOW. And, great reference to a fabulous movie. :D
Jon was in the bishopric for three years while we were in Omaha and it was full of ups and downs. I know that when I was positive and focused on the Lord's will, things went well for all of us. Good luck Lindsay (and of course, Blake - and Garrett and Caleb while I'm at it)!
Lindsay, you and Blake will be fabulous!! Your great love of the members will increase (if that's possible). :) You will also come to appreciate the time he was sitting by you during Sacrament Meeting (it will probably not happen again for a very long time). :D
Melanie
Girl, you've always amazed me, and exhausted me with all the logistics of your life. This is one more thing that I can imagine will bring great joy and great challenges. I'll definately be praying for you and those little boys as you tackle church solo!
Kathryn says: Holy Cow! But if anyone can do it, you guys can!
Blake will be a wonderful Bishop...and you an amazing Bishop's wife.
My goodness-- you are a saint!! Good luck. You can do this! And good luck to Blake too.
Whoo-ee! You are going to be wonderful as the bishop's wife--and Blake will be a great bishop. So many emotions, I'm sure, but the Lord will really sustain you both and your growing family.
Woah! I always figured that with the amount of amazing friends I have, one would be called as Bishop at a young age, but still . . . so young! Blake, or (ahem) Bishop Anderson will be one of the most caring Bishops in the world, I am convinced. Best of luck to you as you lose your husband many more hours of the day. Love to you both!
Oh man. Oh man.
Love to you both. Blake will be a wonderful bishop. I'll be thinking of you both!
Sounds like lots of changes for you ahead! Good ones, of course. Best of luck!
Whoa! Glad it's you guys and not us. On your way to becoming the stake president. You two (and four) will do fine. Good luck!
The Salt Lake Tribune had an article recently about The Bishop's Wife. Check it out.
http://www.sltrib.com/lds/ci_15025098
Post a Comment