wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Friday, January 22, 2010

someone i'd like you to meet


This is Mr. Potato Head. I made him myself. He has an identical twin who is en route (if he hasn't arrived already) to a certain nephew of mine. (Surprise!)

Garrett likes to play with Mr. Potato Head at church. This is a good place for him to be played with because he is a nice, quiet toy. Sometimes he likes to rearrange his face, or put all of the pieces into the back pocket. But mostly he likes those body parts to stay right where they belong because he is meticulous like that.

If you want a Mr. Potato Head to come play at your house, too (and, really, who wouldn't?) he's easy to make. Just follow the tutorial found HERE.

12 comments:

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

I love it. Very cute.

Erin said...

So adorable! What a fabulous church toy! Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

Kelly said...

that's awesome!!

jeanine said...

I saw this a while back and I LOVE it! One of these days I will make it. Maybe in time for easter baskets? We'll see.

Amy F. P. said...

That turned out so cute! Thanks for reminding me I wanted to make one of these.

Amy said...

I bought the stuff to make one of these for Lily's Christmas and never made it around to it. I agree with the person who thought it would be great in an Easter basket. Maybe I can muster up the motivation by then?

Sara said...

Awesome! Once while we were dating we made Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head costumes out of felt and burlap. This reminds of those silly days! Thanks for sharing.

Kristi said...

That's really fun! What a great idea.

GR82BAMOM said...

Looks great! Good job, Lindsay. What a clever and fun toy for Church!

JoEllen said...

This is a super clever and quiet toy for church! I have tons of felt left over from something else, so I'll have to put this on my project list. What a great idea, and thanks for sharing.

Lyndsie Miles said...

That is so cute and so smart!

jeanine said...

OKay... so I finally got around to looking at this again sometime last week... and she had to take the tutorial off of her blog! I guess Hasbro found it and said it was copyright infringement or some junk like that. So she can't even email me the tutorial. Any tips??? Did you happen to print it up that you can email/send me? Any help would be greatly appreciated!