And here is why:
1. Garrett participated. He only had one small meltdown at the beginning, resulting in a brief "how we behave at storytime" talk outside the Toddler Room. He agreed to shape up and -- get this -- he actually did! He spent the rest of the half hour singing songs, listening to stories, and having a great time.
2. After the tickling portion of the "Here Is the Beehive" fingerplay, Mr. Chris, the storytime librarian, commented that he loves Garrett's laugh because it is so sincere and contagious. (I'd have to agree with that observation.)
3. During his reading of The Monster at the End of this Book, Mr. Chris threw a spot-on Grover impersonation over his already awesome Brooklyn accent. It was fantastic! He had everyone -- parents and children alike -- laughing and on the edge of their seats waiting for the next page turn.
4. Not only did Mr. Chris bring the parachute (Garrett's favorite storytime feature) out for the kids and their parents to play with during the last 10 minutes, but he blasted Beatles songs while we did so. It was pretty groovy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
that sounds GREAT! I wish I could have been there for the Grover impersonation!
Nothing beats a good story-reader. Sounds like so much fun.
I'm so glad! That sounds like fun.
I want to come. Can I come? :)
Awesome. We were actually just talking about Mr. Chris the other day. So far we haven't been able to find an adequate replacement for him in CA. Turns out story time without the Brooklyn-accent is just not the same ;)
That is groovy.
I miss storytime.
I finally caught up with you! I have been missing our story times lately, we need a Mr. Chris here!
Post a Comment