Thursday, October 4, 2012
cool tricks: caleb
Caleb loves puzzles. Every morning after Garrett's been shuttled off to school and the house has been picked up, I ask him what he wants to do. "Puddles!" he always shouts. This boy, with his emerging observation skills, has a real knack for finding similarities in various objects (when he finds two things that are the same, he deems them "brothers") and correctly piecing things together. He also has a surprising amount of patience as he does so, a trait his older brother struggles to claim. I love to hear his proudly joyous shout of "I did it!" after he's independently completed a puzzle. The other day I captured him on camera as he put together four 4-piece puzzles all by himself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Kaleigh is also a puzzle kid. It looks like you have a good way of storing them, my biggest complaint about puzzles. What's your secret?
Amy, we use the Trofast storage system from Ikea for all the boys' toys, and the puzzles all go in their own bucket. As for the individual puzzles, I try to keep the original boxes that they come in, but if they're too bulky or awkwardly shaped to store easily, or if they break, I move them to a container that's more storage friendly. Often it's just a ziplock bag, which isn't my favorite option, but it's always handy and works okay.
Thanks Lindsay for posting videos of the boys. It's almost like being there.
Wow that's really good. What a smart little boy.
Post a Comment