wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Thursday, March 24, 2011

10 things i love about you

Caleb:

1. Your freakishly awesome hair. I hope it never changes.

2. That you can blow bubbles. Seriously, I didn't think kids this young could do that!




3. That you love Blue's Clues so much, you will sit through an entire episode without so much as blinking. Wait. I take that back. Every time Steve says "Blue's Clues," you open and close your hands just like he does.

4. The way you, of your own initiative, always back out of the kitchen and say "hot!" whenever I open the oven.

5. The way you are so head-over-heels crazy about bath time that the mere mention that it's time to get in the tub sends you running into the bathroom, trying (unsuccessfully) to strip down as you do so.

6. The Label Everything phase of language development that you are currently in. It always surprises me how many words you know well enough to use on a consistent basis.

7. How much you adore and derive such great comfort from your silky blue blanket, baby doll, and the two fingers (pointer and middle fingers of your right hand) that you suck on.

8. Your top-notch mimicking skills.

9. The way you love to "jump" off the last stair in our building's stairwell. You don't know how to actually jump yet, but it's somehow become a ritual just the same.

10. The way you selflessly and thoughtfully bring Garrett his silky blue blanket whenever you sense he would benefit from having it.


Garrett:

1. When you say, "That's crazy," which is your go-to response to just about everything.

2. That every evening you request that we turn on music so you can "do dancing."

3. Your sweet awesome dance moves.

4. Your creatively constructed buildings, towers, railroads, and roadways, using any materials available.

5. The way you like to count the hourly bell chimes from the local church tower, as well as the way you almost always skip the number 3 and sometimes start with the number 9.

6. Your ever contagious laugh, and sweet, pleasant smile (which has often been semi-correctly called innocent by various people).

7. That you can demonstrate keen technological capability whenever you play Dad Games (i.e. Dad's iPod touch).

8. Your developing talent for storytelling and the way you often use it to reenact scenes from your favorite movies.

9. Your budding and incredibly unique grammar.

10. The way you can always find a friend to play with at the playground.


Blake:

1. That you

2. surprised me

3. with a

4. gourmet

5. cupcake

6. because

7. you knew

8. I'd been

9. having a

10. difficult week.

(Aren't I a lucky girl?)

4 comments:

Brenna King said...

Oh, that's sweet. It sounds like you have some great guys in your life! Your little ones sound absolutely adorable!

Carrie said...

What a fun little family. Love the lists!

AmyJane said...

Such a cute post. I hope your week (and mine) gets better from here!

Jolynn said...

So cute. I love it!