Sister Dorsky is an elderly widow in our ward who lives a few blocks from us and who is truly a one of a kind gem. She was raised in Maine, but has lived in Brooklyn long enough to pick up a good, strong accent along with a gruff, no-nonsense way of facing everything that life throws at her. Her dry sense of humor is thick, too, and she doesn't beat around the bush when she shares her opinion. Also, she's never, in all her long years, driven a car.
In many ways, however, she is still a stereotypical elderly woman: she's hard of hearing, her white hair is always neatly coiffed, she loves cats, and whenever we visit her (I as her visiting teacher, and Blake as her home teacher), she serves us cookies and freshly brewed peppermint tea.
She also knits.
10 comments:
My grandma always knit us sweaters ... and I'm wearing a sweater my mom knit for me today! She sounds like a great "grandma" to adopt being so far away!
Very cute sweaters.
Too cute! I need me an adopted grandma. I was just griping a little to Sean that I would love to be assigned to visit teach some older women (or have them visit me). I can make friends on my own but visiting teaching is such a nice way to find some adoptive grandparents.
How fun! Matching knitted sweaters for the boys - so fun. Also, I love Caleb's hair.
Oh my gosh! I love the sweaters!
A-dorable!
So cute!
That is a charming description, and that is a charming picture of charming boys. So fun.
Love the sweaters!
Beautiful sweaters! How fun is that. I'm always amazed at how someone can take a long piece of yarn and turn it into something.
Post a Comment