wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Friday, September 30, 2011

garrett gems

Sometimes I wish I could record everything that comes out of Garrett's mouth, as well as his every move because so much of it is so, so funny. Here are a few recent gems.


While walking across the street on our light, a car approaches his red light, worrying Garrett that it won't stop. He hurries across the street shouting, "Watch out! Watch out! Watch out!" When he reaches the safety of the sidewalk, he sighs, "Whew!" then smiles and says, "That was awesome!"

***

As I'm walking in my post-shower towel from the bathroom to the bedroom to get dressed, Garrett calls from the living room: "Mom! No twinkle on the floor, okay!"

***

Blake: Come on, Junior, let's get your shoes on.

Garrett: I'm not Junior, I'm Garrett. I'm a real boy! You fink so?

***

Garrett has an ingenious way to "tie" his shoes. When they come undone, he tucks the strings into his socks, then says to me, "Look, Mom! I tie my shoes!"

***

He must be watching too much Thomas the Tank Engine because now instead of saying that something ran away or drove away or blew away, he tells me that it "puffed away."

***

The leaves here are starting to change colors. Garrett noticed some yellow ones on the ground for the first time the other day and was quite taken with them. He started stuffing them one by one into his jacket pockets as he told me, "They so nice and beautiful, Mom!"

***

Sometimes Garrett just wants a hug, or wants to give me a hug. He'll come up to me (usually at the most random times) and say, "Mom, I hug you," and then he'll just smother himself so sweetly into me. But wait! It gets better! As he's hugging me he'll say, "Mom, I love you so much. You my favorite."

Seriously, how can you not love this boy?

6 comments:

Whitney said...

I love that boy and he's not even mine! The things he says are just awesome!

heath said...

The "That was awesome!" comment is my favorite. What boy isn't a little bit of a thrill seeker?

Erin said...

I've seriously got to meet this kid! You fink so? :)

Amy F. P. said...

OK. Those are so cute. I just love what little kids say. He sure is a sweetie.

Joyce said...

You brighten my day so much (you and the boys). I always get a smile on my face. Thanks!

Erin Bigler said...

These posts are my favorite.