wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Saturday, August 20, 2011

it's like a party day!

Rain in the forecast again for yesterday afternoon coincided with the arrival of the next movie in our Netflix queue: The Emperor's New Groove. Not knowing beforehand that the rain wouldn't actually show up until bedtime, I planned to make a day of it. I told Garrett that we would make some M&M cookies while Caleb napped and then when he woke up we'd eat cookies and watch the show.

He was immediately all over this idea. As I was reviewing with him our afternoon plans over lunch, his excitement became almost explosive. "We make M-M cookies! And popcorn! And we watch a funny carcoon! It's like a party day!" he said, bubbling over.

I smiled, and then, because apparently he felt it was appropriate, he added, "Mom, we need congratulations!"

2 comments:

vdg family said...

Aww, you know you have some super sweet children! I love Garrett's musings! What a way to make a day super fun!

JoEllen said...

Love it! A party day? That is pretty awesome.