The wail of arriving sirens. Three fire engines. Three police cars. Two ambulances. Dozens of emergency personnel. Even more curious neighbors wanting to know the details of what happened.
No one was hurt, thank goodness, either in the car (the driver, though understandably shaken, was able to walk away from the debris) or inside the deli (though the force of the impact displaced the entire front counter).
Even so, I couldn't help but think about how the boys and I stand on that corner a hundred times a day, and count my blessings that the moment of the crash was not one of them.
5 comments:
How awful, Lindsay! I'm so glad nobody was hurt - and that you and the boys weren't on the corner. I remember how wonderful their baked goods looked in the window.
How scary! Sure glad everyone is okay.
Whoa! I'm so glad everyone is okay, too! What a crazy thing to happen!
Wow, that's scary! You must be sacred even only that sounds! Sorry for the Deli store, but that's good for nobody got hurts.
Crazy! I had a friend out to dinner with her kids at Noodle and Company when a car came through the front of the restaurant. A moment later she realized that it was her car that came through the front window - a man had driven his car into her car and pushed it into the restaurant. No one was hurt at this incident either.
So glad you and the boys were safe in your home when this happened.
Post a Comment