The muggy air finally cleared out, bringing temperatures back down to about what they normally are this time of year. I, of course, interpreted this shift in the wind to mean that I'd better use my oven before it changed and became unbearably hot again. And so I tried a new, and what turned out to be an incredibly tasty, cookie recipe.
Heath Bar Cookies (Because, seriously, who doesn't love Heath bars?)
adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe (I don't much care to photograph food. If you want pictures, click the link.)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped Heath Bar pieces (from eight 1.4 ounce bars) or 1 (8 oz) package of chocolate covered or regular toffee bits (I did a combination of regular toffee bits and chopped candy bars)
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Beat in the eggs and vanilla and mix until the mixture is creamy and very light in color. Add the flour mixture and stir to combine. Once it is about half-way combined, add the Heath bar/toffee bits and stir until all of the ingredients are mixed together. Chill the cookie dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350. On cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats, scoop the cookie dough into about 1-inch balls, spaced about 2 inches apart (these cookies spread). Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are just starting to brown. Remove from oven and let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Friday, June 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds delish! I have a goal to not use my oven as much during the summer. Do you have any good summer salad recipes?
Post a Comment