This afternoon, shortly after we arrived at another park for our weekly playgroup, Garrett surveyed the flurry of loud, happy kids before finally settling on a gaggle of seven- and eight-year-old girls sitting in a circle on the ground with their Barbie dolls. Armed with a stick of sidewalk chalk, he found a bit of open space and made himself at home, engaging, as I noticed, in a few attempts at conversation. Why he chose them, I'll never know, but he spent about 20 minutes in their company, coloring with his chalk while they generally ignored him as they breathed giggly life into their Barbies. It was pretty much the funniest thing I'd watched in a long time.
This evening at dinner I asked Garrett about his new friends. "What did you say to them?" I asked.
"I say, you wanna draw?" he replied.
"And what did they say to you?"
"Go away!"
8 comments:
Eh, he's too cute for them anyway! Love that kid!
SO classic! The look on that little girl's face is too, too much. I love that he's so outgoing.
Haha!
Love the looks on their faces. They're going to be mean girls for sure!
Lindsay, I love reading about all your adventures, even the not-so-fun-ones-like-having-mice! Thanks for your own comments on my blog. Will still has at least two more years of school (that's the ultimate ideal...it will most likely be three) which means I still have at least two more years of teaching before I can stay home full time with my boy and soon to be boys. However, I hope that Alex and I can likewise have some similar fun park adventures after 6 more school days and summer vacation officially beginning for me! P.S. I appreciate your book reviews too since I will soon potentially have more time to read and quite a few of yours have piqued my interest. :)
Oh, I SO remember Patrick being like this at the playground. In fact, this last week we were at the park and I realized that he's finally got the skills to orchestrate a group of buddies without awkwardness. Thanks heavens!
The difference between boys and girls. Boys just start playing with kids, they don't wait for permission. Mine do the same thing. It will be interesting to see what Julia does when she gets older.
That is just too funny!
Post a Comment