wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

gopher

Overheard this morning. I was in the bathroom getting ready for the day; the boys were in the living room watching an episode of Blue's Clues.

Garrett: [in a sweet, high-pitched voice; I imagine he was also batting his puppy-dog eyes] You go get my blanket?

Caleb: [as he squirms to get off the couch] Bruh-baa, bruh-baa (translation: Be right back, be right back).

Caleb runs to the bedroom. I hear him climb onto Garrett's bed, fumble around a bit, then slide off. The next thing I see is Caleb running back to the living room with Garrett's blanket bundled in his arms.

Caleb: [as he hands the blanket to Garrett] Go (translation: Here you go).

Garrett: Oh, thank you, Cay-buh! [He buries his face in his blanket and snuggles with it.]

Caleb: [Claps his hands after a job well done.]


Well, that ranks as one of the sweetest things I've seen them do together. Also, it appears that Garrett has found his very own gopher boy.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

That's too funny. It's amazing how older siblings know how to find their own personal "gopher" in a younger sibling. We have it at our house.

Carrie said...

So cute and funny! I can't wait to hear what happens when Caleb finally decides he's not a gopher!

Jill said...

Ha ha ha! So sweet! Love your boys!

Emily said...

That's so sweet. What a precious memory.