When Garrett wants my attention so he can tell me something, he sternly tells me, "Talk about!" or "Turn your face!" Lately, most of what he wants to say revolves around the plot lines of any one of the Disney/Pixar films. Even though his ability to communicate with words and sentences has improved dramatically over the last several months, it still sometimes takes me a few guesses to figure what part of what movie he is describing to me. I thought it would be fun to list here fragments of what he says to see if you, too, can "name that Pixar."
For the sake of your ability to interpret, as well as my lack of ability to write things out phonetically, I've improved slightly the slur of his speech as well as some of his pronunciations. Some pronunciations, however, as well as his grammar, I've done my best to keep true to form.
[UPDATED to include Ratatouille.]
1. Buzz Ightear in tash-can truck!
2. People house on fire -- oh no! Is go out.
3. The rat wost his dad! He's in the water!
4. I talk whale. Whale gonna hear me. We talk in the whale.
5. Monsers in the door!
6. Rats no go in the chichen.
7. The swipe have chocate for a snack.
8. Cowboy wost his fwiends. Is so sad!
9. Kebin is a swipe. The swipe go under the house! He's hurt.
10. Fish go on the boat!
11. Monsers in the city. And Mike!
12. Ride a bimp. It's fun!
13. Is Paris! Paris so pretty!
14. Spider monser scared.
15. Cowboy wost his hat. He find it. He buy new one. He buy it.
Answers:
1. Toy Story 3
2. Up
3. Ratatouille
4. Finding Nemo
5. Monsters, Inc.
6. Ratatouille
7. Up
8. Toy Story 3
9. Up
10. Finding Nemo
11. Monsters, Inc.
12. Up
13. Ratatouille
14. Monsters, Inc.
15. Toy Story 3
Can you guess what Pixar films he is particularly enamored with at the moment?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Baha! Lily talks in "pixar" all the time too. Whenever I'm ignoring for something she yells "Mom, IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!!!" and whenever we're in the car and asks when we're going to get there and I answer reasonably (five minutes, one minute, etc.) She says "No. You're suppose to say WE'LL GET THERE WHEN WE GET THERE!"
We've been on an Incredibles kick lately.
So funny! My kids definitely speak "pixar" as well. Seriously, I don't know how I lived without pixar movies as a child; they're the best!
Loved your tooth fairy story, too. I can totally see Sis. DeWitt as the tooth fairy. :D
That's so funny. Kate speaks Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. If she gets stuck somewhere and we don't come immediately, she calls, "Oh, Toodles!!" to come to the rescue.
That's so cute! Liam still quotes from UP all the time. There are so many great lines in there. He can even impersonate Mr. Fredrickson getting out of bed with the full sound effects of the character's back cracking. He then hunches over with one hand on his lower back and hums the tune of Carmen as he walks over to the bathroom. Hilarious! They are mini comedians, aren't they?!
A friend of mine had this as her facebook status yesterday and it immediately reminded me of this post.
"Quote of the week comes from dylan and his misunderstood words.
Actual quote from the Woody doll from Toy Story: 'Get ready for justice One Eyed Bart'
dylan quote: 'Get ready for justice when I fart'"
Post a Comment