"Mommy, I draw Thomas," Garrett will say in the middle of an episode as he pulls out a piece of paper and a blue crayon. Or, "Mommy, I draw James" (red crayon). Or, "I draw Percy" (green crayon).
What I especially love about these train drawings is that they actually, in their remarkably uniform, drawn-by-a-3-year-old way, look like trains. Do you see the wheels? The eyes? The chimneys (or horns, as Garrett calls them)? (Click the photo to enlarge.)
2. Weaving Pixar film quotations into everyday conversation.
Two examples:
a. During a morning foam sword fight with Blake:
GARRETT: Take that, Buzz Lightyear!
b. In the middle of a mealtime conversation:
GARRETT (suddenly sitting up tall, stiffening his body, and looking straight ahead): Squirrel!
6 comments:
funny, funny kid. Thanks for sharing.
Hahahaha squirrel!
I think that, for a three year old, those are great trains! Seriously, I'm impressed.
Squirrel?! That's hilarious.
Kate often comes up to Megan and says, "Hey there, little fella," like Dory.
That is hilarious! I like the train pictures.
It's funny how being three is so universal. So much of his behavior (and Mallory's Carson, who's the same age) takes me back in time. Patrick was obsessed with Thomas, now the trains rarely make it out of the box. He would fixate on one or two Pixar flicks and we would watch them until my eyes bled and even I was using the quotes in every conversation.
I love it. I kind of miss having my three year old boy around. But hey, soon enough here I'll have a three year old girl and I'm guessing it might feel similar!
Ok, so I'm not getting the Squirrel quote, but maybe it's just because I haven't watched most of the Pixar films more than once. But the drawings are adorable!
Post a Comment