They meet every Saturday morning for an hour of organized chaos. First they're divided up into small groups which rotate through about four different skill drills.
Stretching and general instructions
Kicking in a straight line
Kicking around a wall and into the goal
A game of Red Light, Green Light
And for the last 20 minutes or so they're divided again into a scrimmage to try to put the skills they've just learned to good use in a quick game.
As the head coach so aptly put it at last week's season kick-off, "As a rule, these kids are partly off in La-La Land, partly out on Pluto, and maybe some of the time they're here with us on the field. The point of the game at this age is for the kids to learn some basic skills and have a lot of fun." Which pretty much sums up Garrett's experience with soccer so far.
5 comments:
Could not be more proud!! haha.
I love these kinds of sports programs. I just cannot understand putting kids in a competitive league at such a young age (and it seems like all the kids in our neighborhood are).
That's what kids really need-some good old fashioned fun. He's really cute in his uniform.
Awww! That's so cute! I need to get my kiddos into some kind of sport for the summer.
We love soccer too! I love watching the kids running around and learning new "skills." It cracks me up!
Post a Comment