Inspired by this article, which enlightened me to the fact that young children ask A LOT of questions during the course of a day -- as if I needed to be reminded.
*Note: I tried my darndest to stay true to Garrett's unique grammar and syntax. Good luck translating, and welcome to my world.
- Mom, can I ask you something? (No lie -- these were some of the first words out of his mouth this morning.)
- Do we need to change our underwear?
- Did you write that down? (Yes. I kept a notebook and pen handy all day just so I could.)
- Did you write a whole sentence?
- Mom, wait -- do we need to change our underwear?
- Because it's summer?
- What? (x 1000)
- So this is a short sleeve shirt to wear?
- So I could wear this?
- What you said? (x 1000)
- Do you dig it?
- Hey, Mom? (x 1000)
- But Mom, could I put these in the baggies?
- What bag?
- So the underwear and the diaper cloth goes in the yellow bag?
- I am?
- So, Mom? (x 1000)
- Do we ever have this?
- What else?
- Captain Crunch has a lot of kids at his ship, right Mom?
- You know that? (x 1000)
- Why this so boring?
- There's school store in the lunch room, right?
- What about 3rd grade? Does 3rd grade get school store at my school?
- Are there pine trees at our beach?
- Are there trees what with coconuts at our beach?
- Are there's coconut trees?
- But it was funny, right?
- There's an arcade at Brooklyn?
- What about mine?
- What's for my snack? String cheese?
- 'Cause you're gonna wash it?
- What about taking me to school?
- Are you going to write that down?
- Do I look ready?
- Could I get a mint because I was quick?
- Was that nice?
- Can I take turns?
- Can I have a turn?
- So what are those again?
- What are those bleeding ones called behind you?
- How we get to the library after school?
- Is this a cork tree?
- A pine tree is with many pine cones, right?
- Where's your mom?
- Um, can I tell you something?
- Is it hot out here?
- Maybe freeze and warm feels good, right?
- Why is everybody not talking when they walk?
- Why is that guy not talking?
- So do they have a trip?
- Are we going to go to the library?
- But how we get through to the library? There must to be a lot of people there, right?
- When we're done at the library, they're gonna be out of the way?
- Are they high school people?
- Why?
- What school are they?
- When you put water in the bowl, it goes to the roots and up to the flower, right?
- Where is it? The little shelf?
- What's going on?
- That's fine to press these buttons?
- Do you see that scary guy with the purple eyes?
- What about park? Too cold?
- Birds know we're giants, right?
- That's easy, right?
- Is it going to start to rain?
- I'm not going to step on a crack and fall and break my back. I'm just going to be normal. You know that?
- You want hot chocolate?
- Do you feel the raindrops?
- Do you want to feel the rain?
- All the time you don't want to?
- What's for dinner? Fish sticks?
- Wind makes rain?
- What makes the rain? Jesus?
- Because the clouds doesn't like the water?
- Do you never seen little houses? Like this tiny?
- What are we doing first?
- How I spell "hatch"?
- Did I wake you up?
- What happened?
- Why is it summer vacation?
- What about "it's"?
- How old he is?
- What about watching a show?
- What was that?
- It's dinner time?
- Where am I going to sit?
- Why do you not have ketchup?
- Are you never going to use ketchup?
- You want to go to New Jersey to meet Aunt Colleen?
- Can I have another fish stick?
- Could we make some cookies?
- I said something really quiet. Did you hear me?
- Can I do it again?
- Where's Matthew?
- Who's gonna win?
- Do we need to change our underwear?
- Like the wipes in the bathroom?
- It is?
- Why he lives at the zoo?
- What does it say?
Exhausting, right? It's a good thing he's hilarious.
6 comments:
This is great! I can't believe you actually wrote these down all day. I would love to hear your answers to some of these!
Why is everybody not talking when they walk?
Actually, Joshua and I laughed at all of them. Birds know we are giants, right? Haha way to go, writing all of these questions down. Fun to see his day through his questions.
Great title for a future children's book, "Birds know we are giants, right?"
Thanks, that was fun.
That sounds like our house. :) Lots of questions. I think you have a great idea of writing them down!
So how often DO you change your underwear? 'Cause seriously.
This is really cute Lindsay! I don't know if I could keep up with the questions asked around here in a day.....I would have to walk around with a recorder I think!
Love this post.
Post a Comment