We had a few plums that were beginning to wrinkle, as well as some apples that were starting to get past their prime, so, in honor of the first section of A Tale of Two Cities, which I'm currently reading, I threw them in the crock pot and "recalled [them] to life" as...
Apple-Plum Sauce
5-6 medium-sized apples
7-8 plums
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
Peel, core/pit, and quarter the fruit and place in a slow cooker. Top with water and sugar, then cook on high for about 2 hours. Once cooked, mash the fruit together into a sauce using whatever means you prefer (I whipped mine up in my stand mixer, but a blender, hand mixer, or even a potato masher would also work). Serve warm, or chill if desired.
And so, what could have been the worst of times, had I let my fruit continue to wrinkle in my refrigerator, turned instead to be a most delicious best of times. The end.
Sunday, April 14, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds yummy! What did you eat it with?
We just ate it as a side, like applesauce.
Post a Comment