wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

goals

Borrowing an awesome idea from my friends, Amy and Jeanine (of Serving Pink Lemonade fame), last night for Family Home Evening we helped the boys write goals.

Garrett
Personal -- Improve my art skills.
Spiritual -- Say more thoughtful prayers.
Happy Home -- Use a softer voice (which I hope also translates to "not immediately freaking out when things don't go his way").
Mom's Goal -- Practice reading for 15 minutes every day.

Caleb
Personal -- Learn the alphabet and how to write my name.
Spiritual -- Close my eyes during prayer and be more reverent.
Happy Home -- Stop pushing and hitting others.
Mom's Goal -- Be read to for 15 minutes every day.

Matthew
Was asleep while we did this.
Also, he's only 9 months old.
So he'll make goals another time.
Mom's Goal -- Learn to crawl. And then walk.

3 comments:

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

I love it. I wonder if since I was asleep when my family first talked about this, I have a free out? ;)
We set two goals in each of these categories this year:
Personal (and one of these was a Spiritual Goal)
Family
and Self-Sufficiency
M and J balked at the Self-Sufficiency category, feeling like they didn't need to learn much to go off to college. I guess S is closer to reality because she set 10 goals in that category. :)
And now, it seems I should have blogged today because I think I just wrote a post on your blog. Whoops. Sorry.

jeanine said...

Oooh! I love these goals! So much fun!

Carrie said...

I love this. I will steal this idea. Thank you Lindsay, Amy and Jeanine :)