wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

beautiful because it is rare

It's not often when an attempt to run errands is totally and completely successful, but today it happened. Here's all that I was miraculously able to accomplish in one unusually easy shot:


1. Snatch the last container of disinfecting wipes on clearance at the drugstore. Check.  These things are so handy under the bathroom sink for quick clean-ups.

2. Find a killer deal on replacement bras. Check. Seriously, $7 each for a comfortable, high quality brand?! Don't mind if I do! 

3. Also, while in the department store, don't wait longer than two seconds for the elevator to arrive (in both directions!). Check. That never happens!

4. Pick up a new battery for my pedometer. Check. Did you know that I walk an average of 3.5 miles a day? And because it's cold outside, I only leave the house when I absolutely have to. I'm pretty sure my numbers double in the warmer months. Gotta love the health benefits of a pedestrian lifestyle.

5. Buy a half dozen donuts from Dunkin' to celebrate Blake's superior rating at his annual performance review. Check. I needed a good excuse to try their new brownie batter filled donuts, and happily, thanks to a pretty sweet accompanying bonus, a great reason to was dropped right into my lap.

6. Make sure that Caleb finds a quarter on the sidewalk while we're out. Check. That kid has a knack for finding things! Perhaps this is why he devours the I Spy books.

No comments: