I love the way Matthew's birth announcements turned out. They were another collaborative effort between me and my design-savvy friend, Ashley (I supplied the ideas, she realized them with talent). I wanted to again capitalize on the location of his birth in the design of the announcement, and Matthew's just might rival Caleb's in this regard. His features the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, the majesty of whose towers and suspension is something we've developed something of a love affair with in the time that we've lived here. This bridge connects Staten Island with Brooklyn and is a very prominently visible icon in our neighborhood. And since Matthew is one of its newest residents we thought that featuring it in his announcement would be a fun way to announce his birth.
The photos we included along with it were taken by Adam, another one of our talented friends. (He is the same Adam responsible for the family photos we had taken last fall.) On the morning of the photo shoot Matthew was his typical self, which is to say he was pretty fussy. But like I've said before, Adam is a skilled photographer and as such was able to capture some of his brief calm moments. Quite a few of the photos he got of all three boys were so incredibly darling that I just couldn't resist including one of them alongside Matthew's portrait.
Monday, July 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Meant to email you and tell you I LOVED these announcements. Adorable. And the pictures are awesome. Miss you guys!
I LOVE them!
We just got ours on a couple days ago and love it! The pictures are up on the fridge. What handsome boys you have!
perfect
The announcement is perfect and the pictures(and boys)are adorable.
Post a Comment