I don't have the energy to take the boys to the playground as often as I used to, and (for reasons that I'm still unclear about) our landlord doesn't allow us to use sidewalk chalk in front of the building. So painting with water out on our stoop is the preferred activity, second only to blowing bubbles.
Not only do they wax artistic on the sidewalk,

but they happily take care of structural touch ups, as well.



5 comments:
How creative is that? What an awesome idea. Maybe someday you'll have your own driveway where you can use as much sidewalk chalk as you want. (Sidenote, when I was about 9, my friend and I decided to share our sidewalk art with the neighborhood. One neighbor came out and got really mad. Even though it was on a public sidewalk and not her driveway, we felt so guilty that we dragged buckets of water from my house to wash it up. It probably rained the next day.)
Do you get looks from people walking by? Does anyone get worried that you let your kids "paint" public property and then smile as they realize it's just water?
It's pretty obvious that it's just water. No one has given me any weird looks or told me the idea is anything but creative -- and the good people of Brooklyn are quite adept at telling you what they think.
I absolutely love this. what a great idea! and very creative.
We love to paint with water at our house too. I'm not sure what is so intriguing about it, but my boys could "paint" forever! Which is fine by me!!
Post a Comment