wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

the first day of spring

Yesterday the Winter That Wasn't was ushered out with sunshine and temperatures hitting nearly 75 degrees. Today, the first day of Spring, was much the same. According to the weatherman, we'll likely reach 80 degrees by the end of the week.

Like a lot of the country, we didn't experience much snow and ice this winter. Honestly, we hardly even experienced any sub-freezing temperatures. It was lovely -- and, after the misery we were buried under last year, it was an answer to my prayers.

Sure, this unseasonable weather might lead to other, more unfavorable weather extremes later in the year, but right now the trees are flowering, and the daffodils and crocuses are popping up all over the place. It's beautiful.



Almost as beautiful as the paper flower (and its accompanying homemade gift card) that Garrett made me today.

1 comment:

Erin Bigler said...

I've decided I want blogger to add a "like" button ala Facebook. Because I like this. A lot. What a sweetheart.