wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Thursday, January 19, 2012

weird logic

Fact: Both Garrett and Caleb were born a little more than two weeks before their due dates.

Fact: None of my babies arrived in the month they were predicted to.

Fact: Garrett was born on a Saturday; Caleb came on a Sunday.

Fact: All of the important dates in our family occur on either the 23rd or the 30th of their respective months. We were married on April 23rd; Blake's birthday is December 30th; mine is January 23rd; Garrett's is June 30th; and Caleb's is August 23rd. Note, too, that the birthdays alternate between the two dates in order descending from the oldest in the family to the youngest.


Taking all of these things into consideration leads me to an oddly logical conclusion that, even though my due date is May 22nd, this baby will arrive on April 30th.

  • April 30th is, granted, three weeks before my due date, but if you recall, Caleb was almost born 4 weeks early.

  • April is not the month for this baby's predicted arrival.

  • April 30th is a Monday, which follows the daily birth pattern established by my first two.
  • April 30th fits the important date pattern (both for dates and the way in which they alternate) that we've seen thus far in our family.

Also, according to my most recent ultrasound, the baby is still measuring more than a week bigger than his gestational age. And, according to the way I feel and the photographic proof below, I'm measuring bigger than I did at this point in either of my other two pregnancies. Both could be interpreted as steps in the direction of April 30th.


22 weeks


So call it weird logic, call it an exercise in futility, but April 30th is my official guess (hope?) as to when we'll meet this baby.


*Note: All of my birth date guesses in the past, oddly logical or not, have been consistently incorrect. I'm sure this one will be no exception. But it's still fun to try, and, given the weird logic, April 30th would be an awesome day to have this baby.

12 comments:

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Oh, I hope it happens! That would be just perfect. I love weird logic like that. :)

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Oh, and you look adorable.

jeanine said...

If this baby is born on April 30th it will be so awesome!

Whitney said...

It would be amazing if you're right! And that's the cutest bump ever!

Jenny P. said...

How about this... all of my babies, with exception of the twins were due within the same ten day time frame in April. My first was due April 26th, Henry was due April 27th, Ivy was due April 20th, and this last one is due April 15th. Throw in MY birthday on the 27th, and my anniversary on the 20th, and we have one busy April. I'm guessing my baby's gonna come on... April 10th. Sounds like a good day, yes? I hope you do have an April baby... diamond birthstones are fun. :)

Peter and Mandy said...

That is just too funny and boy would that be cool if it worked out that way. Cute bump too.

Wendy said...

I think April 30 sounds like a perfect birth day! You look adorable.

MOMster said...

You look so cute! I love the baby bump! Your logic is awesome. How cool it would be to have the April 30th baby!

All three of my babies were born on Wednesdays. #1 baby was four days early, #2 was five days early and #3 was six days early. Haha. That's as cool as it gets here. Our birthdays are spanned out throughout the year so nothin' there and no days in the months are all that meaningful either as far logic goes.

Oh, and Darryl and I aren't coming to New York after all. Turns out RAD headquarters is coming out here for training so we're going to save money and not go to the RAD conference in Buffalo. :( I'd love to come visit some day though!

Sara said...

I hope he comes closer to his due date than our 3rd child did! (She arrived January 11th and wasn't due until March 17th.) I had predicted she would come early...but didn't think it would be nearly 10 weeks early! Good luck!

JoEllen said...

That would be just a really cool date!!

AmyJane said...

That would've awfully fun/funny! Hope it works out for you!

Carrie said...

That is awesome and weird! I hope he comes on April 30th too!