I got enough snow last winter to last me for the rest of my life, but the boys were thrilled to finally have a chance to go outside and try to build a snowman (not that there was enough snow, nor was it wet enough, but that is beside the point). As soon as they were dressed, we headed outside.
Brushing snow off our car. Isn't she beautiful?
Snowball fight!
Later in the afternoon we drove in our car first to buy a sled and then to a local park to use it (something we wouldn't have otherwise done had we not had four wheels of our very own). It was the boys' first time sledding, and, after Garrett decided that riding solo just wasn't worth the terror it aroused, he had a great time. Caleb, who isn't one for thrills of any kind, warmed up to idea by watching Garrett; he, too, eventually decided that sledding was a heck of a lot of fun. After taking several turns each riding down the big hill (with Dad both steering and braking), they enjoyed a few turns riding together down a smaller hill.
The sledding hill at Owl's Head Park. It doesn't look very steep, but even a gradual incline provides some great speed.
Ready for his first ride down. He looks happy now, but that smile sure disappeared fast as soon as he'd gathered speed.
Thrilled to have survived his first ride (and crash).
Turns out sledding is a lot more fun when you're not riding by yourself.
Caleb's turn.
Walking back up the hill.
Garrett and Caleb riding down together.
Sledding is fun!
6 comments:
Sure looks like fun! And I bet it was that much greater to go in your new car! However, even watching the fun you're having, I can't say that I miss the snow. It makes me cold just thinking about it. Brrr!
What fun! I would have loved to have been there. Of course, I would have to follow it with a warm cup of cocoa!
I love the video. I love to hear kids laugh like that!
I also love that they are sledding through leaves. :)
Looks like a lot of fun. I love their laughter! You sure have cute boys.
That looks like so much fun! Love your new car and your boys are as cute as ever!
Everybody is posting sledding pictures. I think I need to get in on the action. Looks like you guys had a fun time.
Post a Comment