With my husband sitting on the stand, small, wiggly children requiring my attention on the pew, and a resulting inability to coherently gather my thoughts, it's not an easy thing for me to sneak away to share my testimony on Fast Sundays. But last Sunday I managed to -- though not without two little boys quickly on my heels as soon as they'd noticed me missing.
I thought I'd share here what I shared over the pulpit (or what I remember sharing, anyway. It's also not easy to speak to a congregation while simultaneously making sure my children aren't wreaking havoc as they make their own way up to the stand). I do this partly to tell you what I know to be true, but mostly so that I don't forget that I do, in fact, know these things (sometimes the reality of daily life messes with my memory). It's not much, but it's what's been keeping me afloat lately.
I know that I am a daughter of a Heavenly Father who loves me. He knows me. He knows my strengths, but even more, He knows my struggles and my weaknesses. And He still loves me -- and always will. He has placed so many kind, selfless people in my path who help me and lift me up in ways large and small because He knows I can't do this alone. I can't do it without their help, and, more importantly, I can't do it without His help. I am so blessed to have this knowledge, and very lucky to be surrounded by so many good, loving people. I say things these in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a great testimony. (And an actual one at that.) Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for that. Beautiful testimony.
Amen. Yes I do remember your testimony even if I was busy editing the primary program because I feel the same way and testify the same thing. I thank you and take your words as wise counsel.
Post a Comment