wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Thursday, April 14, 2011

big man on campus

For the last few months I've been hearing rumors about Garrett's popularity among the girls at school. Sofia calls Garrett her "bestest friend," and Ashley invited him to her birthday party last month. Every conversation I have with the mothers of both girls, and half of the conversations I have with his teachers, bring up the fact that those girls are quite sweet on him (especially Sofia, who apparently regularly weaves Garrett into everyday conversations at home). This afternoon, when Caleb and I attended Garrett's class carnival, I was able to confirm firsthand that these rumors are quite hilariously true.

When their teacher was dividing the children into pairs, Sofia and Ashley simultaneously raised their hands and asked if they could be Garrett's partner. They both got lucky, and their group became the only threesome. Sofia immediately grabbed Garrett's hand and led him around to each of the carnival games. I also occasionally caught her playing the part of dutiful girlfriend as she answered questions directed to Garrett for him. It's pretty clear that she adores him.

Garrett, meanwhile, is completely (and hilariously) oblivious to all of this unsolicited female attention.

Ashley, Sofia, and Garrett

6 comments:

Erin said...

That picture is classic! And as the mother of two girls, makes me a little scared!!

Carrie said...

That is so cute! I love that the picture completely represents Garrett's obliviousness. So funny!

JoEllen said...

That is an awesome picture!

MOMster said...

You captured it perfectly! I love his expression!

Kimberly said...

The picture says it all! That is too funny!

Claire said...

That is very, very, very hilarious.